Caring for Cork Yoga Mats
Cleaning & Care Instructions
Cork yoga mats have natural antimicrobial and antibacterial qualities. This means that any bacteria that makes its way onto a cork mat won't be able to live there. Therefore, keeping them clean and in long-lasting shape is simple!
- Because cork yoga mats are self-cleaning, the typical mat cleaning process isn't necessary. Even though our eco-friendly cork yoga mat materials are remarkably durable for a yoga practice, over-cleaning or using abrasive products will wear out the materials faster.
- To prolong the life of your cork mat, we recommend rolling it cork side out (logo facing outwards), and storing it in the shade (out of direct sunlight).
- We encourage you to clean the yoga mat by using a water spray bottle whenever necessary or after outdoor use (you can add in a few drops of essential oils too). To clean a cork yoga mat, use cold water and a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge.
- Zenful Yoga cork mats are designed to provide the best grip to support your practice. We strongly suggest avoiding heavy sliding or movements that cause friction, as this may lead to the surface breaking down quicker and shorten the lifespan of your Zenful Yoga Mat.
- Don't get sand or dirt on your mat. It will be difficult to clean and can damage the cork surface.
- Roll your mat with the cork side on the the outside and the rubber on the inside. Store your rolled mat laying horizontally.
- Just like sun damages our skin, it can damage your mat. Try to avoid putting your mat in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Cork is extra grippy when wet, so feel free to spray your mat with a light misting of water before your practice (for a calming and refreshing scent you could spray it with one of our yoga mat sprays).